What story will you bring to the tapestry?

HomeCalendarEventsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Character Switch
Name
Pass
News
Events

Share | 

Database Crash - Aug 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheSkald
Divine
Divine

Job/hobbies : Moderating the Tapestry

Character Sheet
Attributes:
AttributesScoreDice
Level/ classGet myself on my own level
Agility/Fortitude/MightStronk
Deception/Presence/PersuasionClutzy
Learning/Logic/Perception/WillNone for alcohol
Alteration/Creation/EnergySmrt
Entropy/Influence/MovementWisest
Prescience/ProtectionPretty fly
Guard/Toughness/Resolve

Gear:
GearNamePropertiesBanesDefense bonus
WeaponSass+1 bitchyFeelings
ArmourLazy+1 not todayproductivitynot-so-classy
Weapon 2
Armour 2

Magic/Skills:

PostSubject: Database Crash - Aug 12    Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:40 pm

August 12, 9pm EST an unforeseeable error occurred and the database reset itself, losing 10 profiles and 3 accounts that were made within this past week's time. The back ups made automatically did not include the database for whatever reason. This has been remedied for the future.

I have reached out to the server host for why/how this happened and to see if they have a more recent back up. As of this posting they have not responded. I do not expect them to have a back up.

Exhausting those options already, I will be reaching out to the people who have accounts here but not on skaldsongrp.com.

I do massively apologize for this situation and understand the frustrations. I have, and am, doing all I can to remedy it but I'm afraid that week is lost to the nether. I will continue to remain open about any updates I have for you, and if you are curious or have concerns feel free to reach out to me about it.

-The Skald

Messages received through this forum go directly to my email and I will get an alert. For a more live response you can also find me on Discord: Faereni#3875 or Trillian (also Faereni)

Raconite/Snowflake and Hawenyddion are also available to help set a profile straight, answer questions, etc.

Discord Server:
https://discord.gg/VsgbwFE (most active)
https://discord.gg/P8HV5w ("official")
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSkald
Divine
Divine

Job/hobbies : Moderating the Tapestry

Character Sheet
Attributes:
AttributesScoreDice
Level/ classGet myself on my own level
Agility/Fortitude/MightStronk
Deception/Presence/PersuasionClutzy
Learning/Logic/Perception/WillNone for alcohol
Alteration/Creation/EnergySmrt
Entropy/Influence/MovementWisest
Prescience/ProtectionPretty fly
Guard/Toughness/Resolve

Gear:
GearNamePropertiesBanesDefense bonus
WeaponSass+1 bitchyFeelings
ArmourLazy+1 not todayproductivitynot-so-classy
Weapon 2
Armour 2

Magic/Skills:

PostSubject: Re: Database Crash - Aug 12    Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:22 pm

Received a response from the server host concerning what had happened on August 12th. After I poked them a second time about the database restarting again (though this time nothing bad happened!) We've been compensated in the form of extra months.

Michael H. replied.2017-08-14 13:23:45 EDT wrote:
Hello,

I am very sorry to say that the server you are hosted on had a major hard drive failure and due to a backup software issue the most recent recovery point we had was from approximately weeks ago. We always recommend that users keep a local backup of their websites and files so that in the rare event that this type or problem occurs the data will be safe. In our eleven plus years of hosting we have never had a chain of events lead to such a catastrophic outcome. Due to this problem we are providing every user who is affected three months of free hosting. The additional time has already been added to your hosting plan. We apologize for this major inconvenience and I can personally assure you that we are putting systems in place that will guarantee that this problem will never happen again. We can only learn from these unexpected issues as they happen and move forward, unfortunately we are not completely immune to hardware failures of this nature.

Please accept our apologies and know that we are doing everything we can behind the scenes to make sure that your websites stay online.  

We (I) will be upping my game on manual back ups on top of this.

Again if you have any questions you have several ways to reach me by Smile See you upon the Tapestry
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Database Crash - Aug 12
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Skald's Song RP :: Out Of Character :: -
Jump to: