What story will you bring to the tapestry?
 
HomeCalendarEventsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Character Switch
Name
Pass
News
Events

Share | 
 

 [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jaqueline
Herbalist
Herbalist
avatar

Job/hobbies : Care-taking, reading, teasing.
Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-02-02

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Wed May 03, 2017 3:22 pm

“Well the offer will stay on the table indefinitely... your lead~”

The conversation, for her, had imploded and become nothing to continue with. She had pressed too much and she took careful note of that, chewing on her lower lip with a disappointment on her face. He was mulling over his feelings as though they were foreign to him. Bright blue eyes watched him almost as much as she wandered her gaze. Eirian and he were having an interesting exchange, but she had resigned herself to being third wheel. Mostly. It wasn't like Jaqueline to keep her mouth shut for too long. Not when there was room for innuendo or toying to be had. The corners of her lips curled up into a smile, “You like to notice things about bodies, don't you...”

Then a note of seriousness, trying to reassure the newcomer to the ways of the world. “Don't fret too much... look around you. Nearly half of everyone you see are just like you, adapted and well.”

Not that would help him with Asphodel. That man was his own character for sure, but he didn't steer people wrong as far as she had ever known him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eirian
Performer
Performer
avatar

Job/hobbies : Courtesan, "fortune telling"
Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-02-05

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Wed May 03, 2017 3:23 pm

“Of what?” Eirian inquired of his memory, noticing a spike in that mulling-over the other girl had noticed as well. It was not a subtle thing, layered in his voice and shifting mannerisms... how he snapped and apologized. His experience as a 'stranger' had been a trying one so far, she figured. A shame, as it was part of a universal culture to help them settle in as smoothly as possible. She had no ideas, no inklings to give him about why Asphodel was throwing things at him like some fulfilling prophecy. She looked at Jackie to see if she'd have any idea, refreshing that same look to be one of raised-brow surprise.

No, it wasn't obvious to everyone else. Not unless it was an extreme difference, and those would not have even made the team. “I would have said they needed more height in the throw to buy them the time.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleksandr

avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2016-12-04

Character Sheet
Attributes:
AttributesScoreDice
Level/ class1
Agility/Fortitude/Might3/4/41d8/1d10/1d10
Deception/Presence/Persuasion0/1/00/1d4/0
Learning/Logic/Perception/Will0/1/3/30/1d4/1d8/1d8
Alteration/Creation/Energy
Entropy/Influence/Movement
Prescience/Protection
Guard/Toughness/Resolve13/14/17

Gear:
GearNamePropertiesBanesDefense bonus
WeaponArtifact bladeVersatile, forceful, precise--
Armour
Weapon 2
Armour 2

Magic/Skills:

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Mon May 08, 2017 7:13 pm

He regarded Jackie rather frostily as she made the remark about bodies, but his attention was less honed, less irate at her now, because despite the innuendo, it seemed he was capable of noticing things about people based on their physique. "I don't know if I like it, just that I am good at it, apparently." That was his concession on that topic, nothing else forthcoming until Jackie actually made an effort to not be a pain in his ass and said something sincere and supportive, his expression softening slightly - she was a nuisance, but at least she was nice, or her own brand of nice, at least. "...Thank you." he offered somewhat reluctantly, feeling it would be inviting her to cause conversational mischief again.

The tide of conversation changed once more as Eirian seemed to have bitten down on a piece of information and like a terrier, was refusing to let go of it, in her own sedate, matter-of-fact way, at least. He tried to answer the question, but there was nothing there, just a blank wall in his mind, that was occupied by a sense of resentment, a sense of being wronged somehow in a very personal way. "I don't know... I just know I feel wronged when I think about it... There's nothing else there." He exhaled it almost as a sigh of defeat, hating all this anonymity, the messing around with the old man, some cosmic trickster that decided he needed no memory and to be stuck between a smaller, less cosmic trickster and two of the most chatty ladies of negotiable affection that he had likely ever came across in any of his lives, however many there had been.

He was drawn back from his thoughts as she spoke again "Hm? what?" He blinked and looked between her and the men flinging around their sticks and considered it. "Maybe more mass - you can only displace as much as your strength and weight allow... But then they couldn't do all that springing about with a heavier build... Height is probably the easiest way to remedy it for now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaqueline
Herbalist
Herbalist
avatar

Job/hobbies : Care-taking, reading, teasing.
Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-02-02

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Thu May 11, 2017 3:25 pm

Jaqueline shrugged, she knew he was still on edge against her. She had gone too far with him now and it would be time to get him to lower that guard and open him up to renewed harassment for her own enjoyment. She beamed innocently, leaving his thanks at just that for now. Her attention remained on the crew and their performance, blue eyes scanning the crowd for potential targets of her own to tease later... to drag back to the Flute and Flagon for varied merriment and a reduction in their change purses.

Her gaze settled on one of Eirian's oglers, deciding to use her friend's magnetism to her advantage. Peeling from Aleksandr's side she slipped behind and past to the un/lucky onlooker, snatching up his arm with hers and pulling him in to whisper fairly loudly, “If you ask nicely at the Flute and Flagon you might get to speak with her... she does private fortune telling, you know?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eirian
Performer
Performer
avatar

Job/hobbies : Courtesan, "fortune telling"
Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-02-05

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Thu May 11, 2017 3:26 pm

Eirian brought a large but slender hand to her chin, fingers curled under it with an index stretching up the cheek as she considered his words. She barely registered Jaqueline sauntering off to lure future customers to the tavern. At least she was working... so Eirian didn't do a thing about it, nary a glance about it as she let the sometimes-crafty blond work her magic. In the mean time, she kept her focus on the wayfarer beside her. “Wronged...” she let the word drift from her like a last breath, brow furrowing before she nodded simply. “Maybe the Skald saved you by bringing you here then? Removing the memory of what blighted you, but not very effectively.”

Seemed like a strange change of tune, even to her, however, but new starts were new regardless of the old. It gave about as much answers as anything, as she figured, but maybe it gave solace as a possibility while he sat in thought again. Her other hand brushed the blade of his shoulder before giving it a pat. The rest of the group had taken position in the clearing to present their routine in practice, a more complicated situation with so many more banners and limbs and bodies to navigate in sync. A tiny smile as he gave more insight and turned her attention to the co-owner: “Jackie? I'll be moving on with our little tour... catch up with us or I'll see you back at the Flute and Flagon?”

It was important to give that second name drop, giving confirmation to the man she was trying to convince. She brought her arms over head to stretch, adding insult to injury to all the gazers around her before she would usher Aleksandr off through the crowd to the next destination. “So that is flag throwing in a nutshell, the actual competition is a bit more interesting and refined and you'll see the scoring... that's not for a day or two yet, though. I suppose we should show you the heart of the city, where the Prima Familia used to send their sons and daughters to finish training. One of those things that change with the ownership. They've kept the Figilia at the manor in Inizio D'Oro this time around I hear. It also was used for private practice rooms for singers and accompanying artists to perfect their routines. As of now, however, that great spire is home to our resident guild, [ooc: insert guild here, dont wanna step on anyone's toes!].”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleksandr

avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2016-12-04

Character Sheet
Attributes:
AttributesScoreDice
Level/ class1
Agility/Fortitude/Might3/4/41d8/1d10/1d10
Deception/Presence/Persuasion0/1/00/1d4/0
Learning/Logic/Perception/Will0/1/3/30/1d4/1d8/1d8
Alteration/Creation/Energy
Entropy/Influence/Movement
Prescience/Protection
Guard/Toughness/Resolve13/14/17

Gear:
GearNamePropertiesBanesDefense bonus
WeaponArtifact bladeVersatile, forceful, precise--
Armour
Weapon 2
Armour 2

Magic/Skills:

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Thu May 11, 2017 9:48 pm

There was a long silence as he considered what she had said, not so much because he believed it sincerely but because it created so many implications, that he had to stop for a moment to consider them and their potential scale of effect. If it was just as she said and nothing more, then he would have been grateful for it, in a way, but even that caused problems he was uncomfortable with. If he didn't know what it was, then how was he meant to be grateful it was gone? If it was just wiped from his mind then he hadn't really 'overcome' it, he'd essentially just had it hidden from him, and that didn't really seem helpful either. "But..."

And then, there was another consideration - if he had been delivered from some other unpleasant fate, and then brought here, as some sort of entertainment for some amoral, whimsical being, then how much better off could he be? This whole situation and its hypothetical nature were starting to make his head ache, this didn't seem like the kind of place that welcomed people who thought about things a lot. Or perhaps it was just the people who wanted answers to the things they thought about? Infuriatingly, there likely wasn't an answer for that meta-thought on his situation, either.

He looked up from his thoughts and blinked softly as he heard Eirian speak, although not to him it seemed, his mind taking a few moments to catch up with what had just happened, although he never got the entirety of it. Instead Eirian was stretching in a way that made him have to step out of the way of her remarkable physique, before ushering him on to where ever it was that they were going to go now. "The heart of the city. Okay..." He let her nudge him along then, and give some exposition on the flag throwing... Juggling...Thing. And then she went on to talk about the the city and a few things about the people and then he kind of got lost in his own thoughts for a little while. "I see..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaqueline
Herbalist
Herbalist
avatar

Job/hobbies : Care-taking, reading, teasing.
Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-02-02

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Wed May 17, 2017 10:13 am

"Oh okay~" the nurse chimed, her arms fully wrapped around the neck and shoulders of the guy she was currently seducing on Eirian's credentials. "Ooh, are you going to the shrines later?"

She then patted her victim's shoulders with both her hands. "Tough pass, man, seems like she's going to be busy a while yet. I'm free, though... I can soothe any aches and pains while I'm at it. I'm sure you've walked quite far, no?"

Her excitement of the renewed freedom for Chanson Isole'e may have caused her to go a little overboard. A little too late for her attempts with Aleksandr, or possibly even the fellow she was currently hanging her weight off of, but there were still plenty out there to fish gently from the pond. Of course, she wasn't after much else than fun and companionship, and more work for those under her wing. The crew at the Flute and Flagon were restless, they needed people to serve drinks to and entertain. She would bring them... somehow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eirian
Performer
Performer
avatar

Job/hobbies : Courtesan, "fortune telling"
Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-02-05

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Wed May 17, 2017 10:17 am

"I'm not sure what he would get out of them, but if we have time, then yeah, I'm sure we may slip into a boat and browse them..." Eirian's lips downturned, unsure herself if the shrines would actually make for a tour stop. They were mostly unkempt things, epitaphs at best. Still, for a stranger it may be the thing to find connection with. She couldn't say.

To the side, "Don't mind Jackie... it's been months since we've seen fresh faces. And she may have sampled more than a little of our drinking stock. If you're ever in trouble, she's reliable. She can patch you up in a jiffy if you get hurt, bedside manner aside."

Walking away with the man she sauntered through the crowd-- it getting easier the further they got from any side-shows of practice. Eirian let him think a time before she broke the silence in the air, mostly to herself as she acknowledged the state of the city. "Every year we are unprepared for the bulk that actually arrives... we might be able to get away without advertising and just live off the patronage of the people just trying to find someplace uncrowded."

A brief pause on the corner where two roads met and swallowed one another, there was a pair of singers using the overwhelming crowds to work on their capacity for performing before a crowd comfortably and to glean a few extra coins for their time. She continued on shortly after. Aleksandr running errands for Asphodel meant he likely saw this common occurrence everywhere he went in one form or another, there wasn't much to say on it except that the unifying trait in their culture was the celebration of the arts.

She canted her head at him, the whole bulk of brown hair falling to the side. "I suppose we made you feel more lost than before? Hungry?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleksandr

avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2016-12-04

Character Sheet
Attributes:
AttributesScoreDice
Level/ class1
Agility/Fortitude/Might3/4/41d8/1d10/1d10
Deception/Presence/Persuasion0/1/00/1d4/0
Learning/Logic/Perception/Will0/1/3/30/1d4/1d8/1d8
Alteration/Creation/Energy
Entropy/Influence/Movement
Prescience/Protection
Guard/Toughness/Resolve13/14/17

Gear:
GearNamePropertiesBanesDefense bonus
WeaponArtifact bladeVersatile, forceful, precise--
Armour
Weapon 2
Armour 2

Magic/Skills:

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Wed May 17, 2017 11:03 am

"Hm, okay." He seemed to have accepted her apology on Jackie's behalf, but he didn't seem like he was super invested in it - probably too soon after the fact really. He walked with her though, despite the fact that he could have walked away at any time, still feeling some sort of weird obligation to keep up this... Whatever this was. He thought about what he was going to do, at first in the immediate sense, which answered itself, but then in the long-term, which was something that he seemed to have no answer for, saved from the internal unhappiness about that (or at least thinking about it too much) as Eirian spoke again. She talked about how the place was ill-prepared, and expanded on her business situation, which he nodded at politely, not sure what else to add to that line of conversation, as he neither owned a business, nor did he have any insight in to how a business like hers might run.

He was aware of the various people performing and trying to wrangle some coin from the masses, but he didn't really see them, part of the background noise of the crowds as he drifted along with Eirian, his mind turning over things seemingly because he could. She spoke and it sounded almost apologetic, and offered something to eat too - the sheer normality of that made him feel a little more at ease and he exhaled a sigh he didn't know he had been holding in, nodding gently. "I don't think I could feel more lost, I appreciate your concern though. Food would be good..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eirian
Performer
Performer
avatar

Job/hobbies : Courtesan, "fortune telling"
Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-02-05

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Wed May 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Eirian thought about his situation as much as he currently did, and tried to think if there had been anyone close to her and Jackie that was originally in his position. Once someone had come to terms and found their place in the world they didn't really bring it up again. The memory loss kept them from talking about the past, so the topic would become tired and short most of the time and certainly unmemorable. Still, not one inkling. She frowned at that, clearly Asphodel was doing them a favor introducing them to a green one. As they walked she watched him through the side of her teal-hued gaze in small batches at a time. "You might feel less lost if you find your calling. Alas, all you know is that Asphodel insists the sword is meant for you and that you have a proficiency for picking out the best body for the task... so you were into something physical, whatever it may have been."

"What are you in the mood for?" Probably the most frustrating inquiry in existence, and yet it had to be said. She didn't just want to drag him off to a cafe if he wanted something with more substance than a buttery croissant. That sigh of his made him seem tired to as she continued guiding him through winding roads not unlike the capital's set up toward the central building. She stopped them at another three way intersection, tugging him sideways through the flood of people to settle in the indention of carved stonework, blocking some poor shop's window as they got out of the way. Depending on his wants would determine where they would go from here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleksandr

avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2016-12-04

Character Sheet
Attributes:
AttributesScoreDice
Level/ class1
Agility/Fortitude/Might3/4/41d8/1d10/1d10
Deception/Presence/Persuasion0/1/00/1d4/0
Learning/Logic/Perception/Will0/1/3/30/1d4/1d8/1d8
Alteration/Creation/Energy
Entropy/Influence/Movement
Prescience/Protection
Guard/Toughness/Resolve13/14/17

Gear:
GearNamePropertiesBanesDefense bonus
WeaponArtifact bladeVersatile, forceful, precise--
Armour
Weapon 2
Armour 2

Magic/Skills:

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Wed May 17, 2017 5:56 pm

She spoke, asserting that maybe he would find a degree of solace if he figured out his calling, or his 'place' here, but it still felt like whatever his 'place' had been, he had been taken from it and put here. If that was a good or bad thing, he couldn't say, because he had no recollection of it to make that assessment, which made it all the more frustrating and confusing. How was he meant to know what to pursue, if he didn't know what he had done before? Starting over on some random thing seemed wasteful somehow, even if to all intents and purposes, he was back to square one. "I don't know... Maybe. I suppose I have no choice either way. Something physical... It's not much, but I suppose it's better than nothing at all."

He conceded the point in that, at least, realising he was going to have to work with what he had, even if it was almost nothing, because there was no other real option. The question about what he wanted to eat came, and he stared at her blankly for a while as he couldn't think of an answer - he hadn't been 'out' to eat anywhere since he arrived, he lived off the bare minimum, no lipservice paid to frivolity. "I don't know... Whatever is cheapest, I suppose. I haven't been to any eateries, I mostly buy things and feed myself based on whatever I can afford."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eirian
Performer
Performer
avatar

Job/hobbies : Courtesan, "fortune telling"
Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-02-05

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Wed May 17, 2017 10:51 pm

"What is your budget then?" She raised her brows at him and his rather expected non-answer. Most quick bites to eat would cost about the same she supposed, so long as they stuck to the cafe's. She wondered how much he stuck into his stomach on the daily basis, and if Asphodel was aware. He likely was, given he just sent him to Jackie who would feed a man like an army if she currently wasn't hyped up on foam and craving companionship.

Without necessarily an answer she pushed him back into the wave of people and started to guide him toward one that was rather packed, coming up behind a line that was at a jarring standstill. They all had roughly the same stuff anyway. A tiny selection of soups, mostly pastries and sweet breads... this one capable of serving up small portions of snail too. She settled, rocking back on her heels and supporting her breasts with her arms crossed below them as she continued the conversation.

"So where have you been sent to so far? Had anything else caught your attention, stirred you in any way?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleksandr

avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2016-12-04

Character Sheet
Attributes:
AttributesScoreDice
Level/ class1
Agility/Fortitude/Might3/4/41d8/1d10/1d10
Deception/Presence/Persuasion0/1/00/1d4/0
Learning/Logic/Perception/Will0/1/3/30/1d4/1d8/1d8
Alteration/Creation/Energy
Entropy/Influence/Movement
Prescience/Protection
Guard/Toughness/Resolve13/14/17

Gear:
GearNamePropertiesBanesDefense bonus
WeaponArtifact bladeVersatile, forceful, precise--
Armour
Weapon 2
Armour 2

Magic/Skills:

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Tue May 23, 2017 10:49 pm

"My budget..?" He exclaimed the question like he didn't really know it himself, or that the notion was somewhat foreign to him, taking quite a long time to try and come to a reasonable response. He realised that despite the fact he willingly gave most of his money to Asphodel, he was a little ashamed to admit to her that he was probably on the poverty margin - he ate 3 times a day, but not much, and he had money for little else after that - the realisation was embarrassing and slightly upsetting in a way that didn't really make itself easy to explain.

She seemed happy to not get an answer though, pushing him back in to the masses and guiding him around like a sort of shopping cart until they came to a queue for a food vendor of some sort, a queue that was going nowhere fast - luckily being hungry was something that wasn't unbearable for him. Eirian's question was met with a pause as he thought about it, before shrugging broadly. "I have been to the virtuoso's gala, so I saw a little of high society. Beyond that, mostly guild houses, and places around the village. Nothing really 'stirring' so far..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eirian
Performer
Performer
avatar

Job/hobbies : Courtesan, "fortune telling"
Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-02-05

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Wed May 24, 2017 12:35 am

"Ooh... so you've met the Prima Familia then." Asphodel's connections at work. Eirian personally had been disappointed in missing the gala, finding the Coil's appearance to be prime time to offer her services as a fortune teller. She made money with clients she wouldn't normally get a second look from at that time, the colored bands were riddled with expectations for the new year that people suddenly desired ciphers for. If she had been in the capital at the time, surrounded by the rich? It would be a better success than the reopening of the market of her home here.

Her chin resting gently in the crook of her index and thumb. "So nothing either way then. Nothing that stood out like your noticing of finer attributes, nothing that triggered a taste in your mouth for better or worse? Still, how exciting... the Prima Familia does not usually leave their estate... and neither do I, so I will likely never meet them. Or the other guilds beyond the festivities here."

She shrugged simply enough. It wasn't as though she were trapped, but her job did not require her to leave at any point, making plenty coin right where she was and in such a secluded community, everyone knew her, which gave her security from something she vaguely feared, but could not recall. She let the finger drag down, falling from her chin to the top of her cleavage and slipped across the sunkissed skin there, casually as though she were brushing away a fleck of something foreign, her eyes rising back to him with an audible sigh. "Blindly running errands won't help you find your answers though, they're taking you to such limited locations."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   

Back to top Go down
 
[Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Skald's Song RP :: The World of the Skald's Song :: Chanson Isole'e-
Jump to: