What story will you bring to the tapestry?
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Character Switch
Name
Pass
News
Events

Share | 
 

 [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheSkald
Divine
Divine
avatar

Job/hobbies : Moderating the Tapestry
Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-11-24

Character Sheet
Attributes:
AttributesScoreDice
Level/ classGet myself on my own level
Agility/Fortitude/MightStronk
Deception/Presence/PersuasionClutzy
Learning/Logic/Perception/WillNone for alcohol
Alteration/Creation/EnergySmrt
Entropy/Influence/MovementWisest
Prescience/ProtectionPretty fly
Guard/Toughness/Resolve

Gear:
GearNamePropertiesBanesDefense bonus
WeaponSass+1 bitchyFeelings
ArmourLazy+1 not todayproductivitynot-so-classy
Weapon 2
Armour 2

Magic/Skills:

PostSubject: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:21 pm

Begins: April 3rd
Topic Closes: April 10th


Spring is back again and the road to the singer's hamlet has revealed itself from the surrounding murky waters. For two weeks they waited for the ground to air out and prove itself sturdy and willing of the many carts and shoes that would soon trek across its long bank to the walled city but when it was finally time with the grass vibrant and recovered the people rejoiced. Precious tonics would be on their way. New faces and the reunion of separated loves was upon them. They started their decorations with floral arrangements pulled from the surrounding wilds as meager starts to brighten up the place after such a long and empty season. The locals would dress in richly dyed fabrics of bold colors. Some in two as to indicate a team for some upcoming competition. Banners baring various emblems were strewn from balconies and dark iron light poles.

The merchants and journeymen were welcomed with fragile daisy-chain necklaces or crowns, and with their aid the exotic kegs were refreshed and long tables and benches brought out for a community celebration, set in a half circle at the base of the Chateau Vocal, home to the reigning guild of the area with rented rooms for singers to practice in. Singers that were now presenting their arts to the tabled revelry intermittedly between challenges and demonstrations of 'flag throwing' where the participants show off their moves in keeping the fabric from ever touching the ground. Some were brave, throwing the poles high in the air to catch them dramatically, or daring as they manipulated more than one. There were active participants who contorted their bodies, performing sommersaults and flips in their routines and some simply stood and spun in place to create pretty ripples of the fabric like simulated wings. Usually only one or two were present at a time but at the height of the celebration it was a hectic and crowded display, one that held on til the last flag had not yet been insulted.

Elsewhere the markets were packed. Locals were feverishly stocking up on everything they had missed over. This was a surge of business for merchants, and for some start-ups it was the major of their income for the year. Things would slow down as the season progressed making the celebration time the penultimate moment to strike, explaining the coordinated parade of carts coming into the land as soon as nature allowed it. There wouldn't be such a sales day until the waters were expected to return...

But until then... fresh faces and new minglings were ready and willing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eirian
Performer
Performer
avatar

Job/hobbies : Courtesan, "fortune telling"
Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-02-05

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Finally the road was solid enough for fresh supplies. Fresh and interesting faces were coming through and her beloved country was delighted in the freedom that came with the spring. She hungrily watched the influx of imported goods as they came through the main gate, the drivers and walkers alike being stopped twice, the first to register-- she guessed-- and the second to be adorned with loops of flowers around their neck or crowned upon their head. She herself was in the spirit with her own daisy-chain accessories.

This was the time to drum up the business, make sure their first notice of drinks and entertainment was her own Flute and Flagon and so she was sat on a large barrel fire-branded with their logo, her body twisted just enough so that potential clients would be hard pressed not to notice the obvious gift of her form. Large hips with thick caramel thighs and hefty breasts that would topple her if it weren't for her broad and tall figure. She was a different flavor than co-owner Jaqueline, whose more willowy stature was nearly dwarfed by her when they stood side by side. Holding three mugs in each hand she smiled and waved over the possibly weary travelers and merchants alike.

"Come, have a drink... maybe more. Flute and Flagon here to sate all of your needs and desires!" She side-eyed the golden ray of sunshine and sex that was her friend, the constant winks and swishes of her hips a little more vibrant than her own pose. But she could be loud, overbearing and obvious... something some clients avoided for their own save of face. So she'd catch the ones that considered it too easy.

"Fortune telling while you relax! Know what the Skald has in store for you. Will this be the weekend you can retire on?" Eirian called. "First drink is on me! Have a taste of our original ale!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaqueline
Herbalist
Herbalist
avatar

Job/hobbies : Care-taking, reading, teasing.
Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-02-02

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:04 pm

"Or on me~" She cooed, adding on to the sales pitch from the more voluptuous woman handing out the free drinks. Jaqueline gestured with the side of her hand from top of breast down her body in one smooth and slow motion befitting of a show girl highlighting a prize's details. She was sporting less than her partner, with just a white wrap criss-crossing over her breasts and the skirt with two splits on the side that stretched all the way to the top and exposing the entirety of her leg even when she stood with her knees together. Daisies had been interwoven into her golden and lengthy hair as part of her 'in the spirit' self-decoration.

"How about after you sell all your things you come play a game with me? Your choice~ I may just let you win, double your earnings?" She flashed a pretty smile, happy to have work, happy to not have to hear the depressed griping from her other workers now that they actually had things to do and people to play with. Refreshed stock, which meant better meals to be had and certain flavors of brew could be had again.

She glanced at Eirian after this crowd passed, exhaling enough to let her shoulder sag with growing exhaustion of standing there. They had been at it since dawn. "I wonder if we'll be able to enjoy the flag throwing this year..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eirian
Performer
Performer
avatar

Job/hobbies : Courtesan, "fortune telling"
Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-02-05

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:25 pm

"Knowing you, you'll find time regardless if we are able to or not." A casual smirk danced across her face as she passed another drink to a flower-decked man. It was admirable of him to bring the cart of goods himself, no steed of any shape to pull it for him. There was little time to converse as he tilted the whole thing back and sucked it down as though it were the first drink in many miles. He passed her back the wooden mug and with a grunt hauled himself and his wares away, hurrying to try and not lose a prime location for the massive sale that had started as soon as the first person set up. He was not even one of the earliest and he was very aware of that. She sighed. "No one's going to stop in until tonight at least. They're all so worried about setting up to want much of anything, let alone a drink."

She hopped down from the barrel and set the remaining mugs on it. She tossed a section of her dust-brown hair back over her shoulder with a flick of the wrist. "So let's go now. In the very least we can check out the competitors and offer free services to the winner... that might light an interesting fire under them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaqueline
Herbalist
Herbalist
avatar

Job/hobbies : Care-taking, reading, teasing.
Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-02-02

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:08 am

Her tongue came out of her mouth playfully defiant before grinning in glee as her companion would take a note from her and ditch this slump of an advertisement routine. Never mind that it was her idea to begin with, now that she had put it into action she realized how pointless it was. Eirian was right, not a single fish took their bait when they were busy trying to get to the feeding frenzy that was the market's reformation. "Fancy the same guild bearer as last time or did you see new blood you wanted to taste?"

Jaqueline herself was partial to her alma mater, a guild centered around the health and well being of people. Fully fledged in her lessons she had been doula for the start and finish of life and aided in all the hell in between. However running a brothel tavern was far more fun and profitable. The added benefit was she did her own in house medicating after a brawl broke out or something far more serious needed to be discussed. "I wonder if we can convince a pair to find us some unique crowns and tell them its a Skaldic ritual for finding love?"

A devilish grin. "The receding water took ours back to the shrines, and they'll have to go hop on a row boat and fetch them for us?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eirian
Performer
Performer
avatar

Job/hobbies : Courtesan, "fortune telling"
Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-02-05

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:18 pm

A slender finger reached out to push the tongue back in Jackie's mouth, a smirk playing on hers and eyes a deep and murky sea staring out into the procession that continued to go on by. Like her partner, every movement of her figure was choreographed in such a way that it flaunted the assets, which were more prominent on her by far compared to the blonde before her, making every sway of her hips all the more exaggerated when she walked, leading the way into the parade of merchants to follow them toward the forum where the displays of agility and precision were warming up. "Oh there is always something new. I don't see how a 'Stranger' would be interested in flag twirling."

She laughed at the latter statement. "That would only work if they are fresh to the ways. Then again, I doubt there are many worshipers of the Skald that would actually know if you are right or wrong. Only you, I think. Why would you send them on a goose chase to the shrines, though? Seems counter productive, Jaqueline."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleksandr

avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2016-12-04

Character Sheet
Attributes:
AttributesScoreDice
Level/ class1
Agility/Fortitude/Might3/4/41d8/1d10/1d10
Deception/Presence/Persuasion0/1/00/1d4/0
Learning/Logic/Perception/Will0/1/3/30/1d4/1d8/1d8
Alteration/Creation/Energy
Entropy/Influence/Movement
Prescience/Protection
Guard/Toughness/Resolve13/14/17

Gear:
GearNamePropertiesBanesDefense bonus
WeaponArtifact bladeVersatile, forceful, precise--
Armour
Weapon 2
Armour 2

Magic/Skills:

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:04 pm

Being relatively new to the world, Aleksandr was not expecting all the festivity that had accosted him upon his initial arrival, finding himself pestered, festooned with daisy chains, and more besides. Of course the sword was with him, although it was harder to tell as he had a satchel strapped to his back, which contained a box he was here to deliver at behest of the old man. He had no idea what was in the box, only that he was to come here to hand it over, which initially had been enough for Aleksandr, it was more work to help pay off what he owed the old man for his assistance, be it as rife with meddling as it was, sometimes.

He rifled around in his pockets for a time, until he pulled out a piece of parchment with instructions on, reading it again - he was looking for the flake and falcon? No, that didn't seem right. The fluke and ... Ah, yes, flute and flagon. The old man wrote like he was having a seizure, Aleksandr had no idea how he conducted business with such illegible scrawl... Maybe that was why he was successful, no one could decipher what he actually owed? He was crafty enough for that, although maybe not so dishonest, Aleksandr chided himself for the thought. His gaze, contrary to most perhaps, actually found the barrel and its logo, before he noticed Eirian perched on it, his brows raising as her abundant body was winning a battle against the clothing that struggled to restrain it. He had an uneasy feeling about this, but he had a job to do, and so he plodded over to the girls -and Eirian and Jackie, it seemed like Eirian's assets probably warranted their own introduction- and spoke to both and neither of them at the same time, the words really meant to get him to the next part of his job rather than strike up conversation with them personally.

"I'm looking for the owner, you're here representing the... Flute and Flagon, right? I have a parcel to deliver. Comes from Merchant Asphodel, I have to hand it over to the owner directly... Can you help me with that?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaqueline
Herbalist
Herbalist
avatar

Job/hobbies : Care-taking, reading, teasing.
Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-02-02

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:31 am

"Oh please.... your fortune telling skills rely on the same misdirection of faith..." She scoffed and paused as a fresh face walked right up to them. Picking up one of the wooden containers of frothy booze and carrying it toward the handsome courier.

An honest smile, she was always pleasant even when she had ulterior motives, motives that were perhaps as concealed as the sun in daytime, but side motives all the same. She tilted forward in a half curtsy as she offered a taste of the flagon. Like Eirian, every motion of her body had been a deliberate and casual tease to advertise the less obvious aspects of their business.

On the outside the Flute and Flagon was a basic tavern, a place to rest and drink, to be merrily entertained with music, cards, and conversation. But they had other services available... a live show of dancers that were willing to give an encore in the back or be booked for private audiences.

"You're looking at the pair of them, handsome~. A package you say?"

It was embarrassing to admit she had forgotten all about the item she had ordered from Uhrwerkstadt, but it had been some months between ordering it and receiving it. For all she knew it was a drunken purchase too, having been known to add ridiculous things to their lovely business which was turning into a mix matched haven that hadn't quite crossed horder territory. It was quickly becoming just a collection of items that inspired a style that simply fell through. Some were more useful than decoration than others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eirian
Performer
Performer
avatar

Job/hobbies : Courtesan, "fortune telling"
Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-02-05

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:22 pm

Her trimmed brows raised in surprise as the merchant's delivery boy made his approach. She tilted her chin down and smiled with a slow bat of her eyes, appealing to his senses the way Jaqueline appealed to another train of thought. She took the obvious approach and Eirian would wall him in with the subterfuge of subliminal notations. She reached out for the box with a nearly predatory chuckle. "You can give it to me... or her or I'm sure we can manage both at once if you were inclined."

Jaqueline would likely be furious that she took such a perfect lead in. She smiled at the haphazard owner, about as knowledgeable about the package as anything else the bright and spontaneous girl had ordered before. It didn't matter. "We were about to go watch the flag demonstrations... you should celebrate your job well done and join us for some... culture. Maybe you can help us get our crowns back from the waters outside?"

Teal eyes dipped into the corners as she paved the way for Jaqueline's scheme.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleksandr

avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2016-12-04

Character Sheet
Attributes:
AttributesScoreDice
Level/ class1
Agility/Fortitude/Might3/4/41d8/1d10/1d10
Deception/Presence/Persuasion0/1/00/1d4/0
Learning/Logic/Perception/Will0/1/3/30/1d4/1d8/1d8
Alteration/Creation/Energy
Entropy/Influence/Movement
Prescience/Protection
Guard/Toughness/Resolve13/14/17

Gear:
GearNamePropertiesBanesDefense bonus
WeaponArtifact bladeVersatile, forceful, precise--
Armour
Weapon 2
Armour 2

Magic/Skills:

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:01 pm

His danger senses were definitely making themselves known right now, in a way that was more pronounced than mere danger of being wounded, this was another level of problematic that was much less easier to deal with. He took the flagon that she extended out of a sense of propriety, but he wasn't initially planning on drinking it, as he had work to do, work he was still trying to do, in fact. The less dramatically proportioned of the two introduced them as the owners of the place, which he took at face value - they certainly met the criteria of him 'knowing them when he saw them' as the old man had said, which at the time had seemed infuriatingly vague.

"I see. Yes, a Parcel."

He was careful to point that out, not wanting to cause any degree of confusion, and feeling like he was being baited in to something, somehow, that he couldn't initially figure out. That sense of trouble was congealed in to something quite, quite obvious as the other joined in, and was even less veiled about it than the blonde haired woman. The box was relinquished without much fuss, as he was busy trying not to meet Jackie's gaze, and not look at the ludicrous curves of Eirian. The box itself, once untied, revealed almost nothing. There was a velvet bag inside, that if investigated, was substantially filled with silver pieces. Beneath that, was a piece of parchment with some incredibly eccentric scrawl on it.

"He is ever so serious for someone so young. He is new as well - sent by the Skald. As it turns out, you can't buy some of the things you asked for - your tastes are rather exotic, they just do not make them that big. So I enclosed your money, and some more, and perhaps you can enlighten the courier as to the culture he is not meshing with."

Beneath that was a crudely drawn smiley face, and something that may well have been Asphodel's name, as written by someone deeply in a fever dream. Aleksandr however was feeling rather hemmed in, just by Eirian on her own, so the two of them was almost claustrophobic in nature. He frowned slightly as he had no idea what they were talking about - flags? Crowns? He was stuck between wanting to do the polite thing, and wanting to do what seemed to be the sensible thing.

"Is everything in order...? I'm sorry I don't understand - flags? And crowns?"

He'd dealt with the crown once already, he wasn't sure he wanted anything else to do with crowns, least of all any kind of crown that these two might want. He doubted they were royalty somehow, but that didn't diminish his confusion and apprehension about whatever he was stumbling in to. Mentally he rallied a little though - 'so paranoid, Aleksandr' his mind chimed; it was just a festival or other social event, he was worrying about it entirely too much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaqueline
Herbalist
Herbalist
avatar

Job/hobbies : Care-taking, reading, teasing.
Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-02-02

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:22 am

"Oooh.... Eirian... that was my line" Her cheeks puffed with a tint of red, lips twisting in a pouty fit. "You can call it anything you want, so long as you deliver, darling." She winked and sidled over to Eirian, squinting at the hard yet legible scrawl, keeping Aleksandr holding the box even though she had untied it and was rummaging through it with her partner, giving her the money back. They would use it on their outting today. The one, it seems, that would be party to one more.

Fresh meat indeed.

She smiled welcomingly, only partially aware of how still the man was in his attempt to not let his eye linger or even meet anyone else's. "Pity, he couldn't get me whatever it was after all this time. SO! We get to play with you instead." A giggle, "Welcome to Chanson Isole'e, drink up."

She folded the letter up and slipped it betwixt her breasts, sky-blues glancing to the caramel skinned beauty beside her then. 'Enlighten', the old man said. "We have been secluded for the whole of fall and winter as the water rises up over the land bridge, so you've arrived at our busiest time. All the merchants are bringing much missed supplies and because everyone selling things is here... it's a big fest! There are merchants here who only have to sell things this one celebration and they are set for the year with coin. Asphodel couldn't make it this year himself, huh... is he okay?"

An earnest frown, showing that as flirty and pushy she was, she did care. "Did he need anything for his health?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eirian
Performer
Performer
avatar

Job/hobbies : Courtesan, "fortune telling"
Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-02-05

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:49 am

Eirian simply smiled, taking a point in her score card where she could. While Jaqueline gabbed on she counted the coins in the returned purse, grateful that Asphodel couldn't achieve this sale. She too took note that they were on escort duty. "Seems like we have the honor of giving you a tour and a taste of the culture in this part of the tapestry."

She let Jaqueline gab on about the obvious before actually answering what Aleksandr had been so confused about. Though, the willowy blond in the dancer's garb had a point... Asphodel wasn't coming this year. Had his age finally caught up to him? She waited for Aleksandr to answer that before she would approach him and slide fingers across his shoulder blades from one shoulder to the other, then down his arm to his elbow to guide him back into the flow of traffic. "There is a competition we look forward to about to happen, so please let us walk and talk... flag throwing does not seem like much by description, so it is very much worth watching. The guilds gather and perform against one another using their banners... the prize is mostly bragging rights, though some times a man uses the display to profess love and dedication."

She tapped her chin, recalling the last time a man used the competition as a leap-off point to an engagement. She supposed she could see the draw in a man who could throw a pole as long as himself up into the air and not let it fall on the ground. He did quite well, having caught it with his head.

"If you plan on getting anywhere, you should consider joining a guild to rise through the ranks of. Even you as a stranger to this world could rule it if you play your cards right. Though... having Asphodel as your guardian is like being part of ten guilds." Her laugh followed like the sensation of whipped cream on fruit, the murky sea of her eyes turning to Jaqueline as she decided to finish the lecture, clearing her throat to signify the change in topic.

"As far as crowns go... there's a tradition-- may or may not be tied to the Skald-- where the ladies make crowns of flowers and let them float down river. It's up to the men to find these unmarked crowns and return them to the rightful owner. Those who successfully match crown to lady gets the girl and often they consummate this divine love of theirs right under the stars. Jaqueline would love to bring that tradition here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleksandr

avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2016-12-04

Character Sheet
Attributes:
AttributesScoreDice
Level/ class1
Agility/Fortitude/Might3/4/41d8/1d10/1d10
Deception/Presence/Persuasion0/1/00/1d4/0
Learning/Logic/Perception/Will0/1/3/30/1d4/1d8/1d8
Alteration/Creation/Energy
Entropy/Influence/Movement
Prescience/Protection
Guard/Toughness/Resolve13/14/17

Gear:
GearNamePropertiesBanesDefense bonus
WeaponArtifact bladeVersatile, forceful, precise--
Armour
Weapon 2
Armour 2

Magic/Skills:

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:36 am

"You get to what now? Uh, Chanson Isole'e, I see, thank you..."

His expression pinched in to a frown as Jackie declared her intent, still actually drinking though as she bade him too - he felt an Asphodel shenanigan coming on, detecting such things had become a sort of extra sensory perception for him, and this whole situation had his scrawly smiling face of doom all over it. That encouraged another drink as he was accosted on both sides by smiles that would look well-fitted to crocodiles, and of course, Eirian's intimidating body, although even Jackie was aggressively postured, it was just that she seemed more normal in proportion than her counterpart, and less dramatic for it. He listened as she gave some exposition on what was going on, and he felt a little more at ease as the topic got to something that was free of intense suggestion, his head canting to one side slightly as Jackie inquired about the old man, eliciting a grumble from Aleksandr.

"Oh, he could do with a lot of things I'm sure. He may well be here somewhere, I don't know what his plans are... I don't think even he knows what his plans are most of the time."

He trailed off, but was left little space to do or say anything else, as Eirian jumped in where Jackie left off, reaffirming that today, marshmallow hell was going to be a thing for him, as her fingers ran along his shoulders and then took his arm to drag him off somewhere. Or perhaps it would just be what it sounded, and he would learn something about this place, that was not so bad, and would help him adjust to the life he had now. It dimly occurred to him that neither of them were unpleasant to look at, and he wondered from where this vague sense of unease and resentment had come from - who was he, before he had arrived here? And why did it make him so inherently agitated around women, who so far, had committed no wrong beyond being a little licentious. The consideration lingered with him as he was steered off towards where ever they were going.

Eirian continued the exposition about flag throwing, which still didn't really give him much of an idea of what was expected from it, just that it was apparently worth watching and that it was apparently a noted competition as much as a piece of folk celebration, with the drama of confessions of love thrown in to the mix. The hypnotic heaving of her breasts -and his attention thereon- was interrupted as she spoke of joining a guild, and how the old man was like being part of ten, a noncommittal grunt from him in response.

"It is certainly like dealing with ten guilds, all of them geared towards mischief. The crowns... Is that actually a thing? Has it ever worked? If there's more than a handful, the chances of finding the right woman seems remote...."

The fact that they had insinuated he could help them find their crowns was completely lost on him for now, the earlier statement forgotten as he had been distracted by other things. In time though, the realisation dawned on his face, although he didn't comment on it and busied himself looking around at anything, anything at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaqueline
Herbalist
Herbalist
avatar

Job/hobbies : Care-taking, reading, teasing.
Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-02-02

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:29 pm

"Like it, house special..." She muttered as he tried the grog, her focus giving way to ponderings about the man's boss while Eirian ushered the party forward. Jaqueline was well aware of the direction of his gaze, unsurprised that her more well-endowed friend was distracting him just by breathing. She was used to it, and understanding, but that didn't mean she wouldn't call him out with a tease. "You know, she's as plush as she looks... you won't be able to tell the difference between her and the pillow."

A grin, the wiggling of her raised brows completed the toying, her eyes skimming the crowd for Asphodel in disguise if Aleksandr believed he could possibly be here. After a few sweeps she decided that he was likely joking too and gave up the search, tuning into Eirian's explanation right around the mention of guilds.

"Well the merchants deal with all the guilds as much as the Prima Uomo, so I'm not surprised..." A shining laugh trickled from her brisk as morning dew, just as short as Eirian's as they walked with the crowd. Her eyes left them again to sneak peak at any uncovered wares that were making their way to the market square, looking for anything to spend that returned coin that was itching to be spent. Her ears stayed on the conversation, piping in for the flower crowns.

"So pragmatic! Deary its as much the matching game as it is the effort and drive... it doesn't really matter if the crown doesn't belong as it means the gentleman that fetched it was hoping it was yours... he is choosing you." She stretched her arms overhead. "Though, romantically, don't you think you would be aware of your love? Something would stir inside telling you which crown you need." There was a purr in her voice, thinking about all the ways this could be twisted to her gains. The little girl inside also yearning for the romantic ideal of it, but she couldn't speak up loud enough over the din of lusty and lofty goals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eirian
Performer
Performer
avatar

Job/hobbies : Courtesan, "fortune telling"
Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-02-05

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:24 pm

The two worked as a team, even if the endgame had little to do with anything at all. They were not here to seduce Aleksandr though it was proving to be quite entertaining, Asphodel's letter did not say much but it described him well. She smirked at Jaqueline's teasing of his lingering gaze. "You would certainly know, Jaqueline... but he would have to be willing to pay if he wants to experience it himself. We do have a bottom line to monitor."

Besides, they were supposed to make him aquainted with the culture of Chanson Isole'e and the Skald's design... that hardly included extracurricular activities. Sure a cardio-intensive roll in the sheets was a divine pleasure shared by all, but that was hardly the lesson plan. She tilted her chin down to pluck off a fallen petal on her bosom, flicking it from her fingers as she continued to lead their tiny group toward the forum. "Let's not forget a girl could simply deny which is hers if the wrong man found it... the chase is a game with little rules. Rules we know too well, should you get lost."

They made their money on those rules, after all. "I could even scribe from the Skald your fortune to help you decide if a game is worth playing. The Flute and Flagon is a place of many distractions and answers. Now then, we're almost there. Do you have a favorite guild?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleksandr

avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2016-12-04

Character Sheet
Attributes:
AttributesScoreDice
Level/ class1
Agility/Fortitude/Might3/4/41d8/1d10/1d10
Deception/Presence/Persuasion0/1/00/1d4/0
Learning/Logic/Perception/Will0/1/3/30/1d4/1d8/1d8
Alteration/Creation/Energy
Entropy/Influence/Movement
Prescience/Protection
Guard/Toughness/Resolve13/14/17

Gear:
GearNamePropertiesBanesDefense bonus
WeaponArtifact bladeVersatile, forceful, precise--
Armour
Weapon 2
Armour 2

Magic/Skills:

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:48 pm

"I don't -"

He gave up before he even tried to protest Jackie's remark about how ample and comfortable Eirian was, there seemed no point in giving her more ammunition, and truth be told, he was staring. Not so much out of agitated amorous state as an almost fearful awe - he had no idea how she was not in a perpetual state of back ache, he had never seen someone with her proportions. Somewhere between the assertions of paying for her time (finally clearing up his thoughts beyond questioning) and the information about the guilds, he had found himself in control of his gaze again.

The talk turned to the game with the crowns, and he listened to them both, and frowned slightly at what he was hearing - this seemed more pointless than anything else. If the point was that someone would go proposition someone else, why all this middle-man stuff? Particularly when, as far as he could tell, this was heavily, heavily weighted in the favour of the women.

"Sounds to me like it's a way to get some poor men jumping in a river to find something that someone may not even want from them. It would be simpler and more honest to just go and talk to the person you are interested in, rather than let them pick and choose, despite you taking the time to fish a bundle of dead flowers out of the water to bring to them. It seems so dishonest."

That bothered him a lot, the notion of being screwed around because your assets as a romantic applicant did not square with demands you couldn't even know before hand. He honestly didn't know why it bothered him, just that something deep down, but as unknowable as morning fog felt a deep sting at the game that seemed to be played here.

"I wouldn't know much about knowing one's love - I barely even know myself or this place."

The remark returned for Jackie's question, given in a slightly sharp tone, but not so much as to signify aggression or displeasure at her, even if he considered her opinion rather childish. And dishonest and manipulative given her likely profession given the conversation that had taken place - the concept of 'fairness' and what was right seemed to matter a lot to him, he was realising. Finally he responded to Eirian and her offer and question.

"I think I have enough of fate and fortune in my life with the old man meddling... And I don't really know the guilds that well. When I'm not working, I am usually resting, there is little time for anything else. It's been that way since I arrived."

Well, there would be more time if he allowed himself more time, but that was not the way he worked, it seemed, always doing something. It kept him from thinking too much about other things, like how he had come to be here; why he had no recollection of anything prior to this; what his purpose was meant to be here. And then of course there was the sword, the strange girl in the monarchy, and the old man that seemed sure that Aleksandr was something more than he was, when he was just another nobody with a forgotten life, plucked away to be background noise in where ever this was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaqueline
Herbalist
Herbalist
avatar

Job/hobbies : Care-taking, reading, teasing.
Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-02-02

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:10 am

"I like him. He's cute... think we can buy him and make him a worker?" She bat her eyes at Eirian, knowing she always had a second opinion about how Jaqueline spent their funds. She said so herself when she reminded her about that bottom line all businesses fretted over. She huffed and slipped her arms about one of Aleksandr's to hug it to her, squeezing it between her sun-kissed breasts... which granted, weren't as grand as Eirians, but they were plump and plenty, warmly engulfing his upper arm as much as the bandaeu let them. As the walk-and-talk continued and the courier expressed his opinion about her flower-crown hunt idea she shrugged, her tone taking on a very matter-of-fact nature to it. "Sometimes a man won't make a move unless he can hide it behind obligations like silly festivals..."

She squeezed his captive arm again. His other response seemed strange and nonsensical. Of course he wouldn't know his love if he were single, he wouldn't know a thing about her--or him. Though the remark about not even knowing himself right now made her actually consider shutting her trap about the technicalities of his words. Still he might have thought how he answered her was why she didn't have a response for him. It was blunt enough in tone to state that he didn't have much more to say on the subject.

So instead she piped in an opinion when he answered Eirian's offer to do her 'fortune telling' scam. "Always working? No wonder he wanted to make sure we steep you well..."

She grinned, her smile effortlessly teasing at him... like a sister discovering the newly-peubescent brother has his very first girlfriend, and the only thing missing was the sing song.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eirian
Performer
Performer
avatar

Job/hobbies : Courtesan, "fortune telling"
Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-02-05

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:31 am

"Well I'm sure there is a guild that aligns with what you already do. There are many to fall into, but you can definitely make it through life without one. I am not aligned with any, but Jaqueline is actually a member one dedicated to nursing lives." She tilted her head to look at the blonde sprite hanging on the man's arm, then to the man himself.

"I would be careful only working... The Skald will force you into something more entertaining if you don't take a little time to yourself. Besides, you very well cannot know yourself or this place if you keep your head down with the same endless droll." The crowd thickened but she pushed through, leading their little train deeper into it. Looking up at the right time would reveal the long, hefty banners flung and spun in the air being caught by figures still hidden to them at the moment. Cheers suggested it was a successful maneuver. "Here we are, it's just a side practice though."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleksandr

avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2016-12-04

Character Sheet
Attributes:
AttributesScoreDice
Level/ class1
Agility/Fortitude/Might3/4/41d8/1d10/1d10
Deception/Presence/Persuasion0/1/00/1d4/0
Learning/Logic/Perception/Will0/1/3/30/1d4/1d8/1d8
Alteration/Creation/Energy
Entropy/Influence/Movement
Prescience/Protection
Guard/Toughness/Resolve13/14/17

Gear:
GearNamePropertiesBanesDefense bonus
WeaponArtifact bladeVersatile, forceful, precise--
Armour
Weapon 2
Armour 2

Magic/Skills:

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:59 pm

"I... No thank you." He was scandalised by Jackie's assertion, in disbelief that she would even joke about such a thing as employing him. For one, he was not particularly anything special to look at, and his romantic prospects had been... Grim. He didn't know any more than that, but he had a vague recollection, that maybe, his attempts in that matter had not gone well in whatever place he had been before here. Was he imagining that? Negative bias because of the situation he was in? He really didn't remember anything from before, just had the occasional feeling that could have been anything or nothing... It was depressing. Jackie hugged his arm, engulfing it in her breasts, and he turned his gaze from her as to not seem to be staring at her as he had done with Eirian, who chose that moment to chip in about the guilds.

"I mostly carry things around... Things that people think are important that I carry around, despite having no use for them, and having not earned them." His expression was somewhat sour as he stared at the sword at his waist briefly, a common bone of contention with the old man, to the point where he was given the choice of carrying it around, or being charged for not having it. That was one of the few times the old man had looked anything other than jolly, and Aleksandr, feeling he had snubbed the man who had given him all this hospitality, entirely too hard, relented in shame, and so kept the sword.
His thoughts were interrupted by Eirian again as she advised against working too much, which sounded like a step too far on the path of superstition. He couldn't deny he arrived here mysteriously, but he couldn't remember - it could just as easily be a mundane way. And surely this whimsical, frolicking being had more things to do than make sure he was occupied? "I would hope the cosmic overseer would be taking care of cosmic things, rather than what I am up to..." He shrugged broadly, dragged along in the wake of Eirian until they came to things being flung through the air, presumably what she wanted to show him. "So what's the point behind this? Or the goal, I suppose... Just throwing things up in the air?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaqueline
Herbalist
Herbalist
avatar

Job/hobbies : Care-taking, reading, teasing.
Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-02-02

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:11 pm

"If we buy you, you very well wouldn't have a choice..." She licked her lower lip in a hungry way, mostly teasing the obvious discomfort of the man as he lost himself in what might have been memory or some sort of deep rooted feeling that plagued him in the wings of his theater, just off stage like a scorned understudy. She relaxed her vice grip with a giggle, "don't worry. Training will be fun and personal..."

The Flute and Flagon was an obvious business, though perhaps unusual in how it was run. They were discreet enough with their more extra-curricular activities but absolutely none were required to participate in them. They were extra to the duties they would otherwise perform around the bar and made a slow day go by much faster with a fatter tip. After all, with their own home brew to offer, someone had to make it. Of course, she would let Aleksandr think otherwise for as long as it made him squirm. "What does being chaste get you anyway?"

Her attention diverted to the flag throwers as they arrived to one of the side practices and its hefty crowd and she traded her hold on his arm completely in exchange to joining hands as she pushed through for the three of them to get a better view. The action, after all, was in the body of the presenter rather than the flag itself. Truthfully small children had the best seats in the house when they were on the shoulders of an adult and she purred, using that example to really drive the fluster: "....hm... if I sat on your shoulders with my milky thighs pressed about your head I'd get a really good view..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eirian
Performer
Performer
avatar

Job/hobbies : Courtesan, "fortune telling"
Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-02-05

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:21 pm

Eirian laughed as Jaqueline continued to hound the man, relishing in his discomfort by far. She would not rescue him from it either, just giving him a predatory smirk if he looked to her for it. "We would keep you plenty busy."

It was all she was going to comment on the tomfoolery, her own fingers continuing to graze him on occasion, with more subtle actions as the graze at his elbow as she guided him through the crowded streets of the fortress-town. With Jaqueline being... Jaqueline she had little opportunity to keep the conversation going, settling for side comments about various locations if they passed any of note, and doing her best to focus on what was already talked about. So when Aleksandr reflected about what he did and how he felt about the Skald, it took her a moment to actually respond-- making it seem disorderly and delayed. "Well perhaps in all those deliveries you will find yourself suddenly bearing the crest of one... either by their manipulations or because you fell so perfectly into them."

She brushed her hair back over her shoulder with a graceful flick of her hand. "You are already a cosmic matter. You have done something that had impressed upon the Skald and there for you were brought here to try again, to continue, to start new... if you idle too long you will be presented with things of interest that will get you moving."

Jaqueline's aid to get them better standing spots for the flag throwing was certainly worth the hassle of stepping on toes and getting elbows into her breasts. From here she could see the team completely. A decent sized team of eight members, with two currently demonstrating a pairs routine. They wore puffy-shouldered tunics of black and gold, with feathered plump little cushion-like caps. The fringed banners were poised on poles taller than their holders, the wood of which was a good two inches in diameter. The emblem spotted during the movements had been the golden shield and embossed upon it the treble formed of a downward pointing sword with a ribbon of a musical staff swirling around it. The two lanky men threw each other their flags like a spear or javelin, but instead of preparing to catch the other's, they cartwheeled past each other to catch the one they had just thrown. The crowd had been silent, confused and awed.... making the audible tak of the pole on the ground all the louder.

"Wow. They've gotten better..." Her eyelids fluttered in surprise. "But from a judge's stand point that will more likely dock the points rather than give them some for their bravery. You see, yes in a sense this is all that it is... but it is more technical than that. There are solo performances, duets and duels, as well as large group affairs each posing their own hardships. All require near perfection and consistency. While the crowd is amazed at the leap and spin in the air they can do... the judge will acknowledge the fact that he wobbled on his landing. In this case... while it is amazing that they had caught the flag, it had technically touched the ground. We all heard it. Now since it was just the pole, it's possible the judges will look it over, but if the competition is stiff, that will be the reason they fail their guild. How do you think they could have done that better.... er, what was your name?"

She crossed her arms, using them to support the heaving bulk of her breast. There were some side-eyes in the crowd as people started to notice her standing there but she paid none of them any breath of attention. Looking was free, after all, and she was not on duty anyway. Not now that Jaqueline insisted on running off to watch this instead of promoting their tavern. "No one is really sure how it started... perhaps bored flag boys on the battlefield... but now it is just a way to compete when guilds are so varied in function and skill, winners get to boast... and everyone gets to advertise in the process."

And a grin, tilting her head to acknowledge the flirtatious sunshine. "And we get to ogle some well used limbs, right Jackie?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleksandr

avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2016-12-04

Character Sheet
Attributes:
AttributesScoreDice
Level/ class1
Agility/Fortitude/Might3/4/41d8/1d10/1d10
Deception/Presence/Persuasion0/1/00/1d4/0
Learning/Logic/Perception/Will0/1/3/30/1d4/1d8/1d8
Alteration/Creation/Energy
Entropy/Influence/Movement
Prescience/Protection
Guard/Toughness/Resolve13/14/17

Gear:
GearNamePropertiesBanesDefense bonus
WeaponArtifact bladeVersatile, forceful, precise--
Armour
Weapon 2
Armour 2

Magic/Skills:

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:24 pm

"I don't belong to anyone, I'm not a slave." At that point his tone sharpened to the point where it could cut the grass nearby - someone could probably shave with the keen edge on his tone, in fact. He seemed surprised by the outburst, possibly as much as Jackie might be, thinking she was going to have an easy time poking and teasing him. "I'm not a slave." he added afterwards, almost apologetically. It seemed like he might not answer her question about being chaste, but eventually he did, shrugging again "There's no point to one or the other, they're both just things, they don't have a point. In this instance, not being chaste would get me some insincerity, and a reduction in what limited money I have to my name."

Her last remark, she would likely see that she had gone too far at this point, as he didn't respond to it, his attention falling on Eirian as she explained that he was liable to be rail-roaded by some force or another in to action, a grunt of displeasure expressing his feelings about that topic. "So no matter what I do, it doesn't actually matter? Nothing I personally aim to do is my own?" He let the question hang on the air, the fatalistic nature of it rather lowering his mood. Some trickster being was going to pull his strings, and he would just have to dance out of obligation? The feeling of white hot anger came to him again, the source still anonymous, but this time he managed to command it more effectively.

His gaze turned then, to the performance that was going on in front of them. To him, it just seemed like flinging poles down a field and then chasing after them, which was about as frivolous as he could imagine without going to unrealistic extremes. Or it started that way, anyway - Eirian explained some of the things going on, and while he still thought it was frivolous, he had a degree of respect for the people taking part. It was like any other athletic pursuit, lots of time and practice probably went in to this. He blinked as she asked his name, taking a moment to come back to the 'now' as his mind wandered. "My name? Aleksandr." He cast a glance towards the people and their flags, and then looked back to Eirian "How do I think they could do better? Some of them do not seem to have the right build for this exercise, they are too heavy in some places, or too light in others. They swing their flags like a headsman's axe, rather than like the performance piece that it is meant to be..." He looked perturbed for a time after that, wondering on what authority he pretended to know what a good swing was, or what was a correct physique for an activity. "...Or, that is how it seems to me, at least."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaqueline
Herbalist
Herbalist
avatar

Job/hobbies : Care-taking, reading, teasing.
Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-02-02

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Mon May 01, 2017 1:22 am

Her eyes had opened wide, round as delftware plates. Her lips drew together, pursed and small as she took in his bristled reaction. There was a stiff pause as he redacted through repetition, and then his rather coy response to her note on chastity had brought her back up to speed, hardly missing a beat when she had very much backed down just seconds prior. “I wouldn't dare part your money from you....I seek to double it... your fun... and pleasure...”

She did drop the slavery comment, however, even if she had never meant that in the first place. Thoroughly defeated this round, however, as he completely ignored her offer, she let her focus settle on the performance before her, hands on her cheeks as she had been one of the shock-and-awed crowd. “Inizio D'Oro's testing their luck on that one!”

She tuned into the talk again as Aleksandr gave his answer to Eirian about the maneuver he had just seen. The nurse purred, “You speak like you have experience...”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eirian
Performer
Performer
avatar

Job/hobbies : Courtesan, "fortune telling"
Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-02-05

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Mon May 01, 2017 1:22 am

“Not quite... it is still your choice on how you handle it. You could stay being the mailman the rest of your days if you desire... but as you were hand-picked to join us, The Skald is not without want to see what you will do.” She smirked, “really I thought Asphodel would have given you the entirety of how our government and as he's most definitely a follower of the old religion, he would be able to answer those suspicions.” She wasn't sure there were many as devout as that old man. Living in Chanson Isolee had exposed her to many other options, evidenced by the shrines in the water behind the fortress-city and referenced in the flooded, rotted catacombs beneath them. The Virtuosos... or Maestros... the betrayers, the new-old gods... all equally cosmic trouble.

Eirian and Jaqueline preferred more tangible things, like the worship of two (or more) bodies entwined. Or a night of good frothy drinks and rowdy friends, smiles and laughter until one's cheeks hurt.

Her mouth twisted in consideration for what he saw. Jaqueline had already stated her first thoughts on it. “Might have to do with the fact he carries a sword... he must have had some training and practice with several tools of the fight, hm Aleksandr?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aleksandr

avatar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2016-12-04

Character Sheet
Attributes:
AttributesScoreDice
Level/ class1
Agility/Fortitude/Might3/4/41d8/1d10/1d10
Deception/Presence/Persuasion0/1/00/1d4/0
Learning/Logic/Perception/Will0/1/3/30/1d4/1d8/1d8
Alteration/Creation/Energy
Entropy/Influence/Movement
Prescience/Protection
Guard/Toughness/Resolve13/14/17

Gear:
GearNamePropertiesBanesDefense bonus
WeaponArtifact bladeVersatile, forceful, precise--
Armour
Weapon 2
Armour 2

Magic/Skills:

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   Mon May 01, 2017 6:20 pm

"No, thank you." That was all he had to say on the topic of giving her his money, or earning more of his own, not at all interested in that avenue of employment, an acute, burning anger heating up somewhere inside him whenever he thought of this topic. The unknown source of this dramatic reaction was somewhat distressing to him, not helping his socialising much at all as he wondered what he had done, and who he had been before now. Had someone else done something to make him feel like this? Was this who he 'really' was? Trying to puzzle it out made him feel ill.

Once again, the conversation cut across to the other participant as Eirian clarified his current state of being, seemingly trapped at the leisure of some amoral trickster that had dragged him here by means unknown, to be entertaining. The blatancy of that manipulation again made him incredibly angry, but refused to be identified in any meaningful way. "He didn't tell me" Aleksandr groused, a hard edge to his expression "Apparently going out and 'experiencing it myself' is apparently what he had in mind. He gave me the sword and harps on about how it's meant to be mine, but tells me nothing else." He frowned to himself as he thought and spoke the next part "I am not ungrateful for what he has done for me, but being a puppet... It reminds me of..."
He gestured in defeat - he didn't know what it reminded him of, because it wasn't a memory, just a deeply seated emotion that made him really angry, and sometimes sad, too. The conversation bounced in front of him again like tennis as the two talked, Eirian's line of inquiry seeming less seedy than Jackie's just by the tone of her voice, but it was probably just as bad in a way that he simply didn't understand. Again, he shrugged at the assertion, not knowing who he had been before now to confirm or deny it. "I don't know who I am, I just know that some of them - not all of them - look like they aren't built for this, or aren't doing it quite right. Isn't it obvious to everyone else..?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: [Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)   

Back to top Go down
 
[Event] Return to Chanson Isolee (2017)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Skald's Song RP :: The World of the Skald's Song :: Chanson Isole'e-
Jump to: